CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 2 of my fast... I love getting to know you more, God!

Well, my computer crashed on me last night as I was trying to post and now my days are off! That's okay, I woke up extra early this morning to have a little extra time to post how yesterday went...

After day one was over we still ended up going to bed quite late and I don't really remember falling asleep. I slept like a baby lamb though, I can tell you that much!
So as usual I wake up and have a hankering for a cup of Joe. Luckily, and oddly enough, I had prepared the night before and set the automatic button on the coffee pot (I always forget!) So waking up was to the fresh aroma of delicously delightful morning brew... oh how I love that smell!




Dallas had already gone to work for the day so I took some time to sit and enjoy my coffee and worship the Lord with songs. I tend to always get one song stuck in my head that's with me for the remainder of the day- today was Hosanna. Such a beautiful song!

"Break my heart for what breaks yours. Everything I am for your Kindgom's cause..."




It was a good reminder all day for me as I continued to sing those lyrics in my head.
God and I had our morning chat and I have really been trying to listen to God speak. I asked questions, waited on answers, and gave Him time to talk back to me. I'm not sure how to interpret Him yet when it comes to this, but I know that He'll start to reveal Himself to me as I give time to try and learn Him.


I called Dallas after my first class and he had come home from work with terrible migraine and was ralphing all over the place. Poor baby. It's terrible when he gets migraines so I wanted to make sure he was getting enough nutrients and keeping some fluids down, so I came home and made him a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup and drugged him up.




I had to go into work for a few hours, but Dallas needed to rest anyways so it was okay that I wasn't home with him. I prayed over him for relief of pain and for a rejuvenated body before I left home...
You know- just randomly talking to God throughout the day is really comforting! I've always just said little prayers here and there, but really chatting with Him is different. He listens and He responds...

After work I came home to check on my darling and he was feeling much better! Thank you, Lord! We made a few more NY plans and decided to each cheap for dinner since we're pinching our pennies... what can we make out of the stuff in the fridge?
Nachos and cereal! Perfect! We enjoyed yet another night of laughing in the kitchen preparing dinner together and chatting over our delicious nachos at the dinner table and Frosted Flakes for dessert on the couch.




Reconnecting with Dallas has been amazing and I'm so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such an awesome husband... He sure knew what He was doing! :)

As the night grew to an end I just prayed to the Lord about all of the things that He was already changing in my life, about the steps we are taking together, and told Him about my desires to know Him more... We had a good talk together as usual and I'm eager to see what tomorrow brings.

Ps- Dallas took the job at FOX... I think I could have done a jig when I heard!!! Thank you, God, for opening doors!



No comments:

Post a Comment