CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I feel like Meredith will want to be friends...

Part 1 of Day 2 in NY! That means the Today Show!

Oh how the sound of an alarm clock at 4:45 in the morning can make a girl cringe...
Until she realizes it's going off so that she can get to the Today Show extra early to meet the cast and hopefully be on TV!

So, I woke up,gleefully leaped out of bed, pushed the ON button on my tiny baby coffee pot that hotels provide and started getting dolled up for the show. Of course, as all girls know, when you're excited about looking great for something important you almost always happen to smash your mascara wand to the bridge of your nose. Yep, I knew it was going to happen, I did my best to avoid it... but no such luck. As I was putting on my 8th layer of masacara, ta-da! MASCARA FAIL!
I huffed at the black smudge on my face, licked a tissue, cleaned my nose and knew it would be cake from there.
Oh wait, how could I forget? Dallas is still in bed!
It took me 4 "wake up, darlings" to try and get him out of bed nicely and then on number 5 I had to bust out that look that I learned from my Mama that says, "I mean business...you better get with the program, buddy."
Clearly the Today Show is not on the top of his totem pole. BUT IT IS MINE!

After attempting to both finish dressing in one tiny bathroom, maneuvering around one another's junk on the counter, avoiding faces in one another's armpits or me burning him with my straightener- We were finally ready to go.
I still needed to make my sign for the show so I borrowed a sharpie marker from the kind Indian fellow at the desk and purchased a HOT pink sign from another kind Indian man at a little store on the way to the


subway. Once we made it to our station I proceeded to make my sign (in the subway) that said, "Al, Let me deliver your famous line!"
I was ready. Bring on the Today Show.

We made our way to Rockafeller Plaza, which was amazing, and had to ask for directions to where the other crazy people stand in freezing weather at 6am for the Today Show filming... he pointed- we went.
I finally could see it- the other crazies standing and waiting- my heart jumped into my throat and I got butterflies! I sped walked over and found a spot on the very front row where Meredith, Al and Matt would surely see me!


After watching the show for a while I realized that they were finally about to film in the window directly behind where Dallas and I were standing.



I ran over to grab my spot so that I would finally make my Today Show debut. Oh yeah- it happened!!!

I was on my favorite show!! Can you believe it! aaahhh! My Daddy said that when my littlest brother, Matix, who is 6, saw me he said, "look, Daddy, Britty is blowing me kisses on TV!" and blew kisses back to me. Sweet boy that I love so much...




I turned around to Dallas and could see that he was genuinely excited for me. He stood out in that freezing weather with me so that I could experience this. Luckiest girl alive? I like to think so. :)

Finally part of the cast came out to meet everyone and film a bit of the show outside- thats when I spotted them coming my way... And this is when I began flailing my arms like a crazy woman and yelling Al's name so that he'd see my sign. He made his way down and I shook his hand and asked if I could deliver the line- he said, "you never know- it could happen."



Well, it didn't end up happening, but I didn't mind! I still got to meet him... And that was awesome!
Since he had already seen my sign I decided to make one more "Britain-ish". I sat down on my knees in the middle of Rockafeller Plaza like a four year old and busted out a sharpie.
This is what my new sign looked like...



After a while the rest of the cast was coming out and this meant Meredith! I just think she's the greatest! And again, I began acting like a 12 year old girl at a Bieb concert...

She walked right down my way and we made eye contact and both smiled. :) I think that instantly made us BFFs. Maybe I'm slightly crazy.
She shook my hand and she stood there and talked to me for like 30 seconds. She's so stinking sweet and so beautiful and oh my applesauce the heels she had on were fabulous!


The only thing I really remember is me telling her how wonderful she is and her telling me that I was beautiful. Cut, That's a wrap. Send Britain home to Texas and this will go down as the best trip in history.

We took a picture, not her best, but it still captured the moment and I turned to Dallas and said, "k, it's cold- we can go now."



We did stay around a little bit longer and both got some face time on the show- Dallas was so kind and sweet about standing out there with me. He deserved to be on the show too!



After all of this craziness subsided we walked around Rockafeller, took some pictures and people watched and then headed indoors for a coffee stop together. My cheeks were sore from smiling, my fingers were frozen stiff, and it was time to go explore some more of this huge city!




This was all from between 6-9 in the morning and it had already started off as a fantastic day! We still had plenty of time to kill before we filmed the Newlywed Game later in the afternoon... The rest of our afternoon still to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment