CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A night of celebration!

We are so blessed to have been able to celebrate a wonderful Friday night with some of our best friends in the world. We all met up to eat dinner at The Brick Oven and then headed over to the Abilene Civic Center to celebrate Brent graduating from fire academy! It was such an exciting night for him and we were so happy to be there for him and celebrating with him. We watched a video of their schooling, them training, putting out fires, testing, just so much stuff that they go through to become firefighters. To protect us. How blessed are we all to have such wonderful people who go through such training so that we can sleep at night?
I always admired my Daddy for being a firefighter, but I was much younger and don't think I ever realized the risks associated with the job. Now that I'm older and can see what they go through, wow. I can't believe that we're so lucky to have these people on our side. Thank you to the firefighters out there protecting us daily, thank you to their spouses who back them up and let them do their jobs for us (Darling Bria), and above all of those- Thank you, Lord, for creating such strong, courageous men and women who are fighting for the lives of your people.

This is the firefighter,Brent and his gorgeous bride, Bria!



I'm going 6th grade on you- BFFL!



After we went to the graduation we all headed over to Cody and Melissa's house to celebrate and enjoy one another's company. The dogs were having a blast (Doc wants to marry Trigger), we were eating cake balls that Melissa did an amazing job at making, drinking wine that was made in 1933 ;), and talking about everything under the sun.

Best girl friends a girl could ask for! Love me some Bria and Melissa!



Some of the things our husbands say and do just crack me up... Girls- How lucky are we that God provided us with such men?! I couldn't ask for a better husband who pranks me all the time and keeps me laughing and for our friends who treat us like little sisters and pick on us. What a life we have!

This is them "posing"... I'm not sure what they were attempting, but if it was looking like a bunch of nerds- mission accomplished.



well, in case you don't know me very well, I'm typically ready to be curled up in my bed around 9:30 so that I can get a good 8 hours of beauty sleep and not be a cranky pants in the mornings... Not tonight!! I looked at the clock at it was 3:00 in the morning!

We must talk a lot to not realize all of those hours passing... What a blast we had together. Guess that's why our lifegroup always runs about 3 1/2 hours. We all talk too much! LOL!

Dallas and I headed home and hit the hay... unfortunately I had to work that morning at the golf course so I didn't get but about 4 hours of sleep. I was pooped!
It was a nice day at the course though, so I can't complain. The fun that we had was worth it...

Congrats again, Brent! And thank you, God for this wonderful life that you've provided us with. We know we don't deserve it, we deserve nothing, but you are so amazing and bless us beyond belief. How I love being yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment