CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Texas! We missed you OH so much!

Well, we are back from New York! We actually got back on Monday, but it has been a crazy, busy, never ending week... So, here we are- and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

First off, we packed up and left our house on Wednesday night to stay at my mama's house (she took care of Doc for us while we were gone).

Don't leave Texas without yer boots...



Then on Thursday morning we headed out at quite appoximatley the butt crack of dawn and headed to Austin to the airport. Our flights were great... no screaming babies or smelly passengers. Winning!
We connected in Chicago where our flight was delayed by an hour, no biggie, and we headed to New York. We arrived in the BIG APPLE around 4 and from there we took trains, subways, and busses with absolutely crazy busdrivers who improperly use their horns constantly. We wouldn't have actually had to take the bus, but someone caused us a little detour (wrong address put into the subway app. by my darling husband). But, we finally made it to our itty bitty teensy weensy hotel room around 8:30. Please, do the math. That's 15 hours from leaving mama's to getting to our hotel! I was SICK of public transportation at this point.

We got settled in and checked every nook and crannie for bedbugs (I am terrified of them!)
and we decided to spend the last few hours of the night around NY. Oh heavens... I already thought this place was nuts, but then we got on our first subway to head to dinner.
We quickly learned that if there is an empty subway car, that means something is wrong in it. Yep, found that out the hard way and entered one and discovered a man COVERED in poopoo. He had pooped his pants, it ran down his legs and was all over his shoes. Oh my grannies... I couldn't believe my eyes. I think at this point I told Dallas that I hated New York and never ever wanted to come back.

So at the next stop we switched cars on the subway and headed to our destination which at this point was unknown...
We ended up in the city walking around looking at the beautiful buildings, the neat stores, the street vendors selling falafel and hallal, and enjoying our time in the city. Things were starting to look up. We finally found a little place that we thought we'd enjoy eating at called Astros... yes, Dallas is an Astros fan. Dallas got the Philly Cheesesteak and I had a HUGE clam po' boy- they were so delicious. First meal in New York- Success!



I can't exactly remember the order of things happening, but at some point that night we went into the Apple store and saw all of the nerds loving on the new Ipad 2s and messing with gizmos and gadgets- it was pretty neat, I'll give them that. We really just couldn't believe how big everything was and spend our night strolling the city streets marveling at what everyone had been telling us about. We got back to our hotel around 12am I guess and headed to bed so that we could wake up to go to the TODAY SHOW to meet Meredith, Al, and Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment