CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Creek and The Cave... in New York?

Let's face it... I'm lazy. I still haven't posted the rest of New York!!!
Geez Louise, Britain, get it together!

So I told everyone about the Today Show and how awesome the whole experience was, yes, even the freezing weather added to the occasion and made it fun... You will NEVER hear me say that EVER again. I dislike cold weather with a passion.

So after Dallas and I ran around Rockefeller for a while we decided to visit the 9/11 memorial site.
Wow.
It was such a crazy feeling as we were walking up those streets approaching the site and I realized that these were the exact streets from the pictures 10 years ago. I recognized them, I pictured the people's faces, I remembered the smoke and rubble everywhere from the pictures... it was really an emotional thing for me to see in person. I remember being devastated when it occurred and I didn't know anyone there, I had never been to NY, I just felt heartbroken for the people suffering there. Their loss was so great and those emotions came flushing back. I'm glad I got to go there after all of this time and see them creating new life where such a tragedy occurred.
We also visited the chapel where the firefighters, police officers, medics, and volunteers would go pray and find rest. It was a beautiful place and it was so neat to think of all the prayers that were said there on behalf of humanity at that time. Not prayers for our friends or our family members, or about new jobs- but prayers for a nation, for healing, for hope and peace to people that didn't know one another from Adam. What an amazing thing...



After seeing this we went to another church, walked down Wall Street, saw the NY stock exchange, took pictures with George Washington and and just tried to squeeze as much sight-seeing as we could into the few hours we had before the show.
I generally would have been pooped at this point, but we were in NY...this place doesn't sleep right?!

This George Washington petting Dallas.



We headed back to the hotel to get all fancy pants'd for the show... Which dress do I wear? Which necklace with it? What's my first pet's name and what street did I grow up on? What's your favorite vegetable?
We were attempting to get dressed and learn last minute facts about one another before the show... we laughed and figured, well, if we don't know it by now- too bad.
We made it to the HUGE hotel where the show was filmed on the second floor... weird. I know. We got to meet with the three couples that were filming the show after us and with the two couples we'd be competing against. Every single one of these people were a blast! We were headed into the studio! We got our microphones wired through our shirts and bras and pants and shoved into our dresses- those things are crazy- and we headed onto set! We had such a great time hanging out with all of them before filming began.
"Everyone get a glass of champagne, toast to a great day and to winning and let's go!"
The time flew by. The audience was a blast, the questions were ridiculous and embarrassing, and every one's answers were hilarious and often way too much information... This is definitely a day that is going down in the history books for us! We, unfortunately, cannot say if we won or not, but we can tell you what a blast it was for us and to watch Game show Network to see us! PS- Sherry Shepherd is hilarious and just precious. Meeting her was awesome and I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm adorable.
I'm just sayin'. ;)

By the time we made it back to the hotel after the show were both just exhausted. We had, after all, been up since before the sun and traveled through a good majority of NY at this point. Did we eat today? Oh yeah, Seattle Deli. Eh, it was alright. But it was now time for dinner... I love dinner time. And I was ready for a drink and some good food!

We ended up at this restaurant/comedy club/bar downstairs/trendy place. It was awesome! It was called The Creek and The Cave and it's my favorite place to eat... wonder if I'll ever get to go back. We had DELICIOUS mexicany food upstairs and enjoyed the brick walls with trendy paintings, the water served in wine bottles, and the awesome music mix they had playing... After dinner we headed downstairs to the bar to grab a drink and took that into the theatre for the comedy show. This thing called "kickball" was about to start and it's a group/audience improv show and it was HILARIOUS! Whoever wanted to volunteer from the audience, which was everyone but about 5 of us, went up and were picked by four team captains to be on their "kickball teams". Then each team went up individually while everyone else watched from the audience as they did improv on a random topic for a solid 15 minutes or so. It was a riot!




Man, what a night it had turned into... we were having so much fun that the sleep deprivation had been pushed to the wayside and we were laughing and joking around all the way home.

Dallas was calling me Chatty Kathy and then decided he felt like he looked very studious that evening... This is us reflecting those things...



Then we saw the bed...
My brain went into nigh-nigh mode and I was done for! So long for now NY- we'll see you in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment